Today, Mom and I are counting down about finishing.
Things I Finish
3. Eating – I always finish my morning dinner and my evening dinner. Usually in about 45 seconds.
2. Playing – It’s easy to tell when I am finished playing. I stop tossing, biting, shaking, throwing, and catching my toys. Then I flop down and give Mom the skunk-eye.
1. School – I studied hard at obedience school when Mom first adopted me. I am a brilliant graduate of Hal Wheeler.
I also passed the CGC testing in order to become a therapy pet.
I know Mom is proud of me because she says I ‘have my moments’ and I’m ‘unpredictable.’ That’s good…. Right…?
Things Mom Finishes
3. Eating – I can always tell when Mom is finished eating. Usually there’s ice cream or cookies or cake.
I know sharing is caring. And I know Mom loves me. But she doesn’t always share.
2. Working – When Mom “works,” she writes, revises, revises, revises, revises, and …revises. Sooner or later, she has to say, “I’m finished.” and “There’s nothing else I can do here.” and “What do you plan to do with that?”
1. School – Mom is finished with being a teacher.
She retired from that work in 2007. Now she is finished with school visits – for the summer, anyway. We are also finished with library therapy dog visits for the summer. Read to a Pet Night will start up again in September.
27. And yes, when enough is enough, I make it clear that I am finished walking….