Five Word Friday
Things change. Change is what makes the world keep spinning and not come to a stuck-in-the-mud-stop.
Today’s five words are about changes.
1. Joining – Joining a class or taking on a challenge makes things different. Last month, Mom became a ProMember at Rate Your Story. That means experts will look at her work and give her tips before she sends it out to a publisher.
2. Color – Mom’s friend gave her a color change umbrella. It’s white when it’s dry…
…and when it rains, this happens.
Colors make everything happier. It’s like when Mom edits a story. It’s plain when she starts, and comes alive when she adds colorful characters, interesting word choices, and unexpected plot twists.
3. Bowl Games – For SuperBowl Sunday, we started off watching the Puppy Bowl,
but then we had to change to the Human SuperBowl.
4. Bravery – Bravery can change. I am afraid of a LOT of things. So when the little girl upstairs built a snowman on the front lawn, Mom was sure I would be terrified. But I suddenly became brave, and didn’t bat an eye when I saw the snowguy.
I even tried to eat his buttons which looked like cookies….
…but turned out to be rocks.
5. Point of View – Mom tries to see her work with a different eye, and make changes. She looks for an unusual point of view or a new spin. I help her see life from my point of view when she puts her GoPro camera onto my Fetch harness and we go walking in the snow. Maybe she should clip the camera to herself and then work on her stories.