Prizes! Yay! We have won another award or two or three. We were given the One Sweet Blog Award from our friends at Hutch a Good Life and the Super Sweet Blogging Award from our friend Clowie and the whole zoo at Dog Daz. Take a look at them!
Cupcakes! Like my name! Mom named me Cupcake because I am so sweet and now my blog is also sweet, just like me!
Mom bakes cupcakes sometimes. She mixes up butter, sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla, flour, and baking powder. She says, “Baking is like writing. All the ingredients need to be in there.” and “If I leave anything out, the cupcakes won’t be any good.” and “Get your head out of the oven!”
When Mom writes a new story, she has to get all the ingredients into it. Right now, she’s working on two stories at once. Each one needs original characters, an interesting setting, some scene changes, a fun plot with lots of conflict and a satisfying resolution, opportunity for illustration, poetic language, humor, tension, and dialogue. And vanilla and eggs. (I’m lying about that last part.)
After Mom gets to the end of the story, she has to leave it alone for a while. That’s like when the cupcakes have to cool off. When the story cools off for a while, Mom will put frosting on it. Oh no! That’s the cupcakes. She’ll revise the story A LOT. She’ll cut words that slow the story down, add words that move the story along, read it out loud ten million times, do everything she can to make it better, and cover the top with sprinkles. Wait. What? I love sprinkles. And frosting. And cupcakes. And stories!
There are no rules for the One Sweet Blog Award (except to be sweet). For the Super Sweet Blog Award the rules are:
1. Give credit to the person who chose you.
2. Answer the ‘Super Sweet’ questions below.
3. Nominate a “Baker’s Dozen” (13) blogs.
Super Sweet Questions:
1. Cookies or Cake? Both. And bacon. And anything from the garbage pail. And goose poop.
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate is poison, for dogs, so I’ll say chocolate. I like eating poison every chance I get.
3. What is your favorite sweet treat? Mom’s homemade frozen yogurt dog pops.
4. When do you crave sweet things the most? Every minute of every day.
5. If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? I already have a sweet name!!
Now I will name 13 blogs that I like. If you already have the award, then congratulations. Either way, we picked you because we like you, and want lots of other people to like you along with us.
2. Charlie Eve
I wish a baker’s dozen was 100, because we really like a LOT of blogs!