Today’s 5 words are about forgetting.
1. Rollerblades – Somebody forgot about their rollerblades at the park. I tried to encourage Mom to give them a spin, but she wasn’t interested.
2. Dinner – Forgetting my dinner is just plain wrong on all levels. I save this face for those occasions when dinner is “a little late.”
3. Ideas – Mom has so many lists of story ideas, that she sometimes forgets what she wrote. She gets very surprised when she looks down the lists. She says, “This sounds fun.” and “This is genius.” and “Ugh! WHAT was I thinking?” and “Forget it. You’ve had enough treats for one day.”
4. Rules – Once in a while I forget the rules, especially the rule called don’t-mess-with-Christmas-stuff.
5. Chairs – Mom has been busy decorating and shopping after the painters got finished and decorating and shopping for our new furniture and decorating and shopping before Christmas comes.
So lots of times, she forgets to sit in her chair and work on writing, because of too much decorating and shopping.
92. Chairs – That being said, sometimes, I completely forget how chairs work….