Today, Mom and I are counting down about Different Things.
Mom’s Different Things
3. School Visit – Mom took her Powerpoint to a different school in a different town and talked to a different class of 4th graders about writing, being an author, and her book.
2. Ideas – Every November for the past few years, Mom has participated in PiBoIdMo with her writing cyberfriends. They each try to make a list of 30 story ideas in 30 days. This time, PiBoIdMo will have a different name, a different logo, and will take place in a different month. January! Almost time to kick it into high gear.
1. 2017 – In a few days, it’ll be a whole different year. Different resolutions will be made, old resolutions will be reviewed, and new and different hopes and dreams along with unfulfilled old hopes and dreams will wake up and get a fresh start.
My Different Things
3. 2017 – I have big plans for the new year. In 2017, I will take naps, play with my toys, eat lots of treats, and do therapy work with my grown-up friends at the Veteran’s Home and my little friends at the public library. Wait. What? That’s no different than 2016…
2. School Visit – I put on my begging face, but Mom wouldn’t take me to school with her.
So, I waited at home while she was at her school visit. I slept in my chair, looked out the window,
ate the treats that came out of my spy camera,
and tried to be a good girl. Wait. What? That’s no different than every other day…
1. Ideas – Mom won’t be the only one generating ideas this January. I have a few different ideas that I plan to execute soon:
67. Eat my pawboots once and for all.
48. Dig under the snow to see if there are any French fries under there.
9. Flat-out refuse to go inside when I want to play in the snow.
27. Nap in odd places.