It’s 2013. So today’s brand new 5 words are about the brand new things Mom and I will be doing in this brand new year.
1. I will learn to bowl. I knew how to bowl last year, but now that I have a set of bowling pins, I forgot what to do with them. Mom is teaching me all over again from square one.
2. Mom is participating in the 12×12 writing challenge. She participated in it last year, too, but now it’s not called 12x12in’12. It’s called 12×12. This means Mom will write 12 new stories again this year. She started in January at square one.
3. Mom will enter The Highlights Annual Fiction Contest. She entered last year, too, but she didn’t win. She wanted to win – or to lose and have them buy her story anyway. But nothing. She’s back to square one.
4. Mom will work with her writing group named DavidLaurieAndOtherDavid. She worked with them last year, but her stories always need help, so she’ll be talking about her stories and their stories all over again from square one.
5. I will be a perfectly good girl.
This will help Mom to do her writing work so she can get Book #2 accepted in lucky 2013. Being a good girl will be brand new for me. Book #2 will be brand new for her.
Brand new things for a brand new year.