Since Mom is working on an idea challenge, today we’re counting down ways to get ideas.
How I Get Ideas
3. The window – I get ideas from looking out the window. Mostly, the things I see out there scare me, but sometimes, I just need a closer look.
2. My toybox – I see lots of fun things to play with in there, but I haven’t figured out that I can stick my head in and pull out any toy I like. I always wait for Mom to pick them up one by one and say, “What about this one?” and “What about this one?!” and “What about THIS ONE???!!!”
1. Smells – When I smell treats or my dinner or Mom’s dinner, I get ideas about putting on my good girl face and sitting and giving my paw and dancing if necessary. I’ll do pretty much anything for food.
How Mom Gets Ideas
3. The park and the neighborhood – I love kids. We watch kids at the playground and in the field. How they play (or don’t play) gives Mom ideas.
2. School – Whenever Mom visits a school to talk about being a writer or to visit one of her student teachers, she gets ideas. Sometimes, she also gets a head cold when too many kids cough and sneeze on her.
1. Blogs – Mom reads a lot of blogs. Some are about dogs and cats and hamsters and guinea pigs and families and art and photography. But some are about being a writer. She gets lots of ideas when she reads tips and talk from other writers.
Ideas are fun, unless they scare you.