It’s October. Today we’re counting down about Halloween.
Things I Love About Halloween.
3. Costumes. This year I’m dressing as a nurse. We waited a long time for my costume to come in the mail. We’re also waiting a long time for an acceptance letter in the mail, but that’s a whole different story.
2. Candy. I’m not allowed to eat candy, but if I get lucky, I’ll get to eat a wrapper or two (or 6). And maybe Mom will let me lick a lollipop for a while. Those things are yummy. Even the stick is delicious!
1. Trick or Treaters. I love when kids come to trick or treat at my house. I know they kind of want candy, but I also think they’re mostly coming to see ME!
Things Mom Hates About Halloween.
3. Costumes. When Mom was a teacher, she learned that kids in costumes were WAAAY more difficult to handle than kids in regular clothes. She learned a lot from the kids, and got a lot of ideas from them, but along the way, they taught her how to HATE Halloween. A lot.
2. Candy. Mom buys tons of candy, but we don’t have tons of trick or treaters. That means she has to eat a lot of the candyherself. I can’t remember why this is a bad thing, but apparently, it is…
1. Stories. Mom doesn’t hate Halloween stories. She actually wrote a couple of them. But they’re sitting in her computer going nowhere. And she hates that! Now that Halloween is on its way, Mom is in the mood to dust off those stories and get back to work on them. They need to be cut, edited, critiqued, cut, and edited. …And critiqued. Then they’ll be ready to hit the road and knock on a few doors, like a couple of little trick or treaters.
42. There is one October HAPPY thing that Mom LOVES. Her story Fly Fishing is published in the last ever issue of Stories for Children e-Magazine. Click the link to get your very own e-copy!