Soon, it will be Memorial Day – unofficial start of summer. So, today, on this non-Friday, my 5 words are about summer.
1. June – June is the 6th month. That means Mom will have written 6 picture books for her 12x12in’12 Challenge. One of them is about a dog named Oliver. Oddly enough, he acts a lot like me, but is named after a dog that Mom met at the dentist office.
2. Sunshine – I love sunshine. When I sit outside with Mom, the sun likes to tickle me. I can feel it running all over my fur!
3. Bugs – When bugs come near me, I try to eat them. I think bugs are delicious. I also think maybe it’s not the sun that runs all over my fur and tickles me….
4. Swimming – I am not allowed to go swimming, and I’m not sure I even know how to swim. But lots of times, Mom and I go to the park and we see turtles and fish and butterflies and dragonflies. Last year, Mom had an idea to write a story about a dragonfly. She still has that idea, but didn’t write the story yet. Maybe she’ll write it in July.
5. July – Independence Day – ‘Nuff said. Summer! Yay! Bring it on.