Today, on an actual Wednesday, Mom and I are counting down facts about learning new things.
What I Know About Learning New Things
3. It’s tough. I’m trying to learn bowling, but I still need Mom to point to each pin (which is really a water bottle) and say, “Touch it.”
2. It’s fun. When I try to learn something, it makes Mom laugh a lot, because of my tiny brain. Plus I get to eat a lot of Cheerios to help me.
1. There’s always something new to learn. Mom is planning to buy a hula hoop and teach me to jump through it. She better pick up a couple of extra boxes of Cheerios. This may take a while.
What Mom Knows About Learning New Things.
3. It’s tough. That’s why Mom has her writing group named DavidLaurieandOtherDavid. They help her figure out the toughest stuff. The rest, she figures out by typing on the computer and talking to herself.
2. It’s fun. The best fun is putting a submission in the mail or pressing Send. Waiting is fun, and Mom never loses hope that good news is on the way. If bad news comes instead, she says, “We can work on this.” and “Better luck next time.” and “It’s time to practice bowling!”
3. There’s always something new to learn. Just when Mom learns that she needs more conflict in her storis, she needs to learn about point of view and voice and a million other things. DavidLaurieandOtherDavid better pick up a box of Cheerios!