Today is Wednesday. Or not. Either way, Mom and I are counting down our three favorite things about Christmas time.
Things I Love About Christmas Time
3. New toys! Every year Santa brings me a new toy for Christmas. This year,I’m getting an IQ puzzle toy. Mom says, “This will make you smarter.” and “You can learn to solve this puzzle.” Then she knocks on my head and says, “Is anybody home in there?”
2. The Christmas tree. Our Christmas tree this year is pretty, but strange. I mean, it’s called a tree, but it’s plastic or something and doesn’t smell or taste like outside at all. Plus there’s no water in the bottom. It’s getting harder and harder for me to poison myself around here!
1. Snow! Snow is awesome. Even though I have to bundle up in a parka and sometimes my boots, being out in the snow is a blast. I run and roll and play and lick snow till I’m shivering and then I do it some more. One problem – so far, NO SNOW. I won’t lose hope, though. I’m dreaming of a white Christmas.
Things Mom Loves About Christmas Time
3. Snow! When it snows Mom has an excuse to stay inside and write stories and poems. Sometimes she writes about the snow, but sometimes she looks at the snow and writes about peas or sand or bikes or caterpillars.
2. New toys! Mom’s toys are nothing like mine. My toys are fluffy and squeaky and sometimes filled with treats. Mom’s toys are electronic and magical and sometimes, (like her iPad) are filled with stories.
1. Christmas stories, Christmas songs, and Christmas poems. Heavenly peace. Silver bells. Christmas pageant. Holly jolly. Polar Express. Unto us a Child is born. And to all a good night….